Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Boston Christmas Tree

For the first time since we moved to Boston, we bought a Christmas tree! The acquiring of the tree was much simpler than I anticipated given that we have no car. The local hardware store was selling them all wrapped up (no agonizing over whether each branch was in the right place!). We just put our money down and packed one up. Brian carried it onto the subway straight to our house.

We opened the boxes of Christmas decorations we brought from Oregon but had never unpacked, and we had more than enough to trim a little tree:


Between Brian & me, we probably have enough ornaments to trim three trees, since both our families have a tradition of giving ornaments each year. But this year, Brian let me use my fragile set from my Great-Grandma. I love these ornaments! I think this blue one with the flowers on it is my favorite:


In the background windows, you can see the newest set of ornaments I got from my mother-in-law last year. So many pretty things this time of year.

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Robby said...

It's beautiful, Melanie.

Axon L. Parker said...

Stunning! I love it. And I love your parent's wisdom in giving ornaments...we have a grand total of six:) I think we will start that tradition for our kids. I hope this Christmas is as beautiful as that little tree!

Marianne Elixir said...

So lovely! I love all the special ornaments.

Axon! Does this mean you have internet again? I am thinking of you all the time.

smalles said...

i love your tree. i wish i was in boston to see all those beautiful ornaments. i'm glad you guys could get one this year. have a merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
We saw your note on Grace's blog about not being able to send a comment on our "gracenotes.biz" website. I'm not sure what happened. We've had no trouble getting them from others, including a test we made ourselves after getting your note. So sorry you had problems. You might try again. If it still doesn't work, feel free to leave comments on Grace's blog or on our gracenotes facebook acct. Glad you had a chance to look at the website. We sure are having a lot of fun!
(By the way...your tree is LOVELY!!) --Kay Dixon

yellowinter said...

i love your tree too, and your tradition! so beautiful! you should enjoy all the fragile ones as much as you can before little kids start running around pulling at things. our sad tree was only half-way decorated because of the toddler who wanted to grab anything in his reach.