Monday, April 19, 2010

Patriots' Day

Happy Patriots' Day, everyone!

What?!? You've never heard of Patriots' Day? Patriots' Day is a New England holiday commemorating the battle at which "The Shot Heard Round The World" was fired. You know which one I'm talking about, right?



Last year, my parents were visiting over Patriots' Day; and they were troopers, taking the bus with me up to Lexington to see the re-enactments put on by various local militia and regiments.




The other big event held on Patriots' Day is the Boston Marathon. Our first year, we checked it out by walking out to the point nearest our house to watch the people running by. This year, though, I decided to go downtown and watch the runners cross the finish line. The office where I work is a perfect vantage point:


Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot, a Kenyan farmer,


crossing the finish line!

After watching people come down the road for about an hour, I walked up towards BU. There were lots more runners at this point!




And then, I went and found someone who is running his own marathon of a sort:



Happy Patriots' Day!

3 comments:

Robby said...

Thanks for the runner and sitter Marathon photos. You did have a good view. We're rooting for Brian to cross his finish line!

Sarah said...

I think I remember an almost identical photo of Brian from about a year ago, I guess things haven't changed much for him ;)

IndianaJones said...

GO Brian GO!